“I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good to them, and I will inspire them to fear me, so that they will never turn away from me.” -Jeremiah 32:40
We have the great privilege of sharing our enthusiasm for how God is moving in this new generation and the future impact that will be theirs to make on this world! Through storytelling we share the vision that God has put in our hearts to bring transformation through spiritual formation and family ministry in the local church. Before lasting change can occur, whether structurally or personally, one must see an envisioned future that is compelling and attainable.
We desire to inspire others with the hope of seeing families and students who:
- Worship from the inside out, compelled by the Spirit, not through expected or mandated behavior, but see worship as a lifestyle, not a moment or event.
- Embrace a kingdom-community mindset and choose to usher in the realities of justice, mercy, love, the presence of God, forgiveness, humility, and service to life in everyday situations.
- Possess a global worldview and feel responsible for their brothers and sisters around the world and who feel compelled to make christ known to every corner of the globe within their lifetime.
- Are knowledgeable about God’s word, but more importantly, through it they have come to know God personally. They have investigated the scriptures for themselves and have concluded that god’s word is truth and are unashamed of it.
- Know God’s voice, desire to obey it, and then obey it in and through the power of the Holy Spirit as they depend on him alone for strength.
“Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers. Their responsibility is to equip God’s people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ. This will continue until we all come to such unity in our faith and knowledge of God’s son that we will be mature in the Lord, measuring up to the full and complete standard of Christ.”-Ephesians 4:11-13 (nlt)
Inspiration is only as great as the ability to come alongside and equip those who have been impacted by it toward the desired and agreed upon goal. As we champion our envisioned future and as God brings us his workers, we must dedicate ourselves to the equipping of the saints as prescribed in Ephesians 4.
The role of the church is to be an equipping and sending agent for the sake of the gospel. As we give ourselves to the task of equipping, we replicate ourselves in others. At its very core, this is discipleship. The one who equips is constantly assessing what the individual needs in order to successfully carry out the envisioned future.
Included in this area of ministry are: resourcing, training, modeling, giving opportunities, offering suggestions, sharing context, and granting access to information and instruction. .
“From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.” -Ephesians 4:16 (niv)
The ministry of support is the opportunity that we have to “come alongside” another. This ministry allows those involved in the dream to be realigned over and over again to the primary vision. This often means re-casting the vision and telling the progress in the journey.
Support says that no one person will ever journey alone. We believe that the envisioned future will be arrived upon as a collaborative effort between the body of Christ, the giftings within, and the power of God’s spirit.
The role of the Spirit is primary here as we look to him for wisdom, comfort, and guidance. As we seek him and his plans, we are reminded that this is his plan and that he alone placed it on our hearts for his glory.
Included in this area of ministry are: encouragement, prayer, personal spiritual transformation, feedback, God’s word, clarity on what is needed at each stage, and personal reflection and assessment.
Find Out More
To find out more about Families Ministry, please email the Families Team.