Below are the most recent messages from each of our campuses.
Supplemental Video from the Bible Project on "Justice" can be found by clicking here.
Scripture:Philippians 2:3-11, Psalm 34:18, Proverbs 31:8-9, Isaiah 58:6-9, Psalm 146:7-9, James 1:27, Micah 6:8, Luke 4:18, John 15
God's heart for justice is restorative. No one should be left vulnerable or oppressed, and we are called to come alongside those who are and pull them into their true identity as image-bearers of God.
To Listen to the podcast click HERE. God connects our response to the poor with our righteousness. Times the poor are mentioned in the Bible:
- In the Old Testament - 2nd most talked about subject behind idolatry
- New Testament - On average, every 16 verses
- Synoptic Gospels - Every 10 verses
- Luke in particular - Every 7 verses
- Both the poor and well of were created by God
- Everything we have is by God's grace.
- We need to walk in acknowledgement of these two things
We need to know the heart of God in order to serve him. Psalm 146 shows us who God has a heart for, and how we are to care for them too.
Why do we all agree it is wrong to treat other people like animals treat other animals? It has to do with justice. It's vital for us as citizens of the Kingdom of God to know what justice is and why we should do it.